Thursday, July 28, 2011

IF EVERYONE JUMPED OFF A CLIFF WOULD YOU?

If that cliff is the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, then yes, I would.

I first saw it almost two years ago when I bought a different book of small square samples.  I got the other book and promptly shelved it when I saw the 6" squares and the historical colors, which goes with nothing I own or hope to.  The recent popularity of the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt on the blogosphere got me rethinking.

I started on a square or two and pretty soon, dinner was forgotten, the kids were a distant memory, and housework never existed.  (I am sure they will all be there when I am done.)  Here's what I've got so far
I'm about 1/5th through.  I think I am going to make about half of them and do a lap quilt and then I will evaluate my commitment to the relationship.

1 comment: